This painting is steeped in metaphor about the eternality of life and the only-ness of the now.
This painting is metaphoric about the triumph of a good attitude, and beauty of a victorious overcoming.
Droplets in free fall
spilling over the edge,
released from the pack, plunging
tear-shaped and suddenly isolated,
not in control at all.
enrobed in ice
like a wish not to
go outdoors today.
Is the ocean in the drop
or the drop in the ocean?
a good life takes a lot of
the same sort of internal patter
and similar blithe but
Butterfly wings arch
like cathedral windows
basking in the sun,
their yellow stained glass
The lush, dappled day
engulfs me, effulgently
as stray, stippled sunlight
penetrates in spotty brushstrokes,
and tender leaves clap their hands
exhilarated by such...
I love the metaphor both of these pieces utilize. Indeed, take heart! "The impeded stream is the one that...
I’m in the end zone rooting for the winning team.
I encourage and beckon those on the field
Snow gently fluttering
down, a feathery white
monochromatic veil, flickering
over everything, hushing...
Such static power chomps at the bit restless to fly free but meanwhile, moored on a glassy calm...
- My One Woman Show Opens Today (89 Paintings!) http://aweber.com/t/C7h2F
- Live the Life You Love (quote by John O’Donohue) http://aweber.com/t/DnqYh
- Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness (Book Review) http://aweber.com/t/RPNWx
- Four New Pastel Landscapes Just Finished http://aweber.com/t/NDKAx
- The Work of Happiness (Poem by May Sarton) http://aweber.com/t/NQokp
Quite unforgettable. You truly have a way with words: warm; strong; inviting; enlightening; so substantive, and more.
Putting the art of poetry, photography and painting into your hands is God’s gift to us who get to read it and see it. Thanks.