The more things change, the more they stay the same.
We need space and margin in our lives to live burning with purpose.
This painting is steeped in metaphor about the eternality of life and the only-ness of the now.
This painting is metaphoric about the triumph of a good attitude, and beauty of a victorious overcoming.
Droplets in free fall
spilling over the edge,
released from the pack, plunging
tear-shaped and suddenly isolated,
not in control at all.
enrobed in ice
like a wish not to
go outdoors today.
Is the ocean in the drop
or the drop in the ocean?
a good life takes a lot of
the same sort of internal patter
and similar blithe but
Butterfly wings arch
like cathedral windows
basking in the sun,
their yellow stained glass
The lush, dappled day
engulfs me, effulgently
as stray, stippled sunlight
penetrates in spotty brushstrokes,
and tender leaves clap their hands
exhilarated by such...
I love the metaphor both of these pieces utilize. Indeed, take heart! "The impeded stream is the one that...
I’m in the end zone rooting for the winning team.
I encourage and beckon those on the field
- Liminal Space (New Poem by Polly Castor) http://aweber.com/t/AbcVX
- Bits and Clips for March 2020 http://aweber.com/t/F5Lox
- The Book of Longings (Book Review) http://aweber.com/t/BHOi3
- Recent Bible Lesson Journal Study Pages http://aweber.com/t/LDEaR
- March Rambles in Huntington Park (Photos) http://aweber.com/t/E6Nhz