My notes from a 1912 article about God’s Protection in Business that I found in my office:
- Conquer your own belief in evil.
- Do not fear that your best efforts may be unavailing. (You may reasonably expect your righteous endeavors to be blessed.)
- Are you obeying the demands of God in every detail of your work?
- Are you following the Golden Rule?
- Have you surrendered self-interest and considered the welfare of the whole?
- Be “about your Father’s business.”
- Do not outline. That is not Christ-like.
- Of yourself you cannot do anything. Seek first the Kingdom of God and let your success be the rich overflow of that. The one is of human will, the other is the God-blessed multiplication of good.
- Lose pleasure in selfish gain and find joy in bringing good to others.
- Put yourself under the protection of divine Mind and your business will thrive. This is in itself success and brings success.
- Be worthy of being protected and you will be.
This advice is still sound!