On behalf of local Christian Scientists, Monday evening I officiated (with a range of others from every faith group) in the Area Religious Communities (ARC) Interfaith Thanksgiving service in Danbury, and last night I offered the blessing for the Ridgefield Clergy Association’s community interfaith service in Ridgefield, Connecticut.
But my favorite Thanksgiving service is our own offered right on Thanksgiving in Christian Science churches world-wide. You would be most welcome to any local Church of Christ, Scientist in person tomorrow, or you can enjoy an online service tomorrow at 12:00 noon. Find that live internet service by clicking here. Please join us in thanking God!
And in the spirit of the season, I thought you might appreciate these articles:
- Thanksgiving Song by Virginia Harris
- Giving Thanks by Lynn Jackson
- Advice from Elizabeth Gilbert for When Your Family Pushes Your Buttons (video)
- Nurture a Gratitude Attitude, Says Entrepreneur by Tony Lobl
- Anne Lamont on Counting Your Blessings
- Does Gratitude Effect Our Health and Happiness? by Anna Bowness-Park
- #Gratitude Challenge From the Trivial to the Transformational by Ingrid Peschke
- Gratitude for the Work of Loving the World by Parker J Palmer
- What is it About Giving Thanks that Makes Us Healthy? by Eric Nelson
- Lincoln’s Thanksgiving Proclamation: Gratitude in Hardship by Stephen Salt
- One Chart Explains Who You are Eating Thanksgiving Dinner With
- Thanksgiving: Giving Gratitude to God (Audio Chat) with Julie Ward
- 12 Vegetarian Thanksgiving Dishes to Make Omnivores Jealous
I am so grateful for each and every one of you blog readers and for all the gratitude and joy you amplify in the world!